Jean-Karl Vernay was a successful junior driver growing up in France but global glory seemed quite suddenly to be within reach when, on his first ever visit to the Formula 3 World Cup in Macau, Jean-Karl won the first race outright!This astonishing success earned him a place in the Indy Lights Championship in America, the gateway to the famous IndyCar Series. Vernay had never been to the United States, let alone raced there. He came, he saw and he conquered, winning the Championship title in crushing fashion.In normal circumstances, he might have walked into an IndyCar Series seat but when the credit crunch hit, teams struggled for funding and "JK" (as he had become known) was left out in the cold.Back in Europe he landed a coveted role with Peugeot's official Le Mans team, but when the French manufacturer pulled out of racing, he was once again out of work.What next for Vernay? He left America a Champion. A return to take care of unfinished business could well be on the cards.
- Firestone Indy Lights Champion with multiple wins, podiums and pole positions
- 24 Hours of Le Mans Test and reserve Driver Team Peugeot Total
- Macau Grand Prix- World Cup of Formula 3 Winner Qualification Race Runner-up feature race
- Formula 3 Multiple wins and podiums
- Formula Renault Campus and Formula Renault 2.0 Champion and Vice-Champion
FOLLOW Jean-Karl Vernay
- RSS not configured